2021-12-10 – UPDATE: We’ve refreshed and expanded the Refinery design to now include the ability to support the recently released Emerging Markets expansion, all within the original box and with no lid lift nor component migration regardless of orientation. Here is a rundown of the insert configuration options available:
- Pipeline w/Emerging Markets & QuadLocks – This is the full configuration that supports the Pipeline base game, the Emerging Markets expansion, and the popular QuadLocks developed in house
- Pipeline Base Game – This configuration supports the base game of pipeline
- Pipeline w/Emerging Markets – This supports the Pipeline base game and the Emerging Markets expansion
- Pipeline w/QuadLocks – This supports the Pipeline base game and includes the QuadLocks add-on
This insert has the following features:
- NO ASSEMBLY REQUIRED – When you receive your insert, you just load and go! You can be ready to play in 5 – 10 minutes.
- Store and transport the game, on end or flat, with no component migrations
- No lid lift, box keeps its original profile
- Color coded inserts
- White – these inserts are just for storage, they stay in the box
- Orange and Green – inserts used during setup. Once setup is complete, these can be set aside or returned to the box
- Grey and Black – inserts are used during game play and remain on the table
- Two cash trays to enable banks at each end of the table
- Two trays for barrels and penalty cubes, one for each end of the table. NOTE: a single tray is big enough to hold all barrels and penalty cubes if desired.
- The barrel and penalty cube trays come with foam in the bottom of each compartment to minimize shifting of cubes and protect the optional metal cubes from damage. The foam can be easily removed / replaced, if desired.
- Support for sleeved or non-sleeved cards for both Valuations and Upgrades (sleeve specifications below). NOTE: The non-sleeved Valuation tile stores with the rest of the Valuation cards.
- Inserts to store the Contracts and Orders, sorted by type
- Pipe tiles are stored in the drawstring bag (KS Version) or a large zip lock, in order to speed tear down
Additional information on setting up and using this insert can be found on our Refinery Tips and Tricks page.
- OPTIONAL COMPONENT:
4 QuadLocks and case – Optional unique player aid designed to provide clear visual indicators for which Government quadrants are open and closed. We designed this specifically for the game, and it is not an official component of the game. This is not part of the official game, nor is it required. It is simply intended as a convenience when playing.
If you would like to include this to your purchase, choose the “Insert and QuadLocks” variation when ordering
- Player pieces are shown for examples only, the buyer is expected to provide their own copy of the game.
- Sleeve sizing
- Valuations – We used Fantasy Flight Greys for sizing the insert.
- Upgrades – Due to the unique size of the Upgrade cards, the wells of the insert were designed for cut down versions of the Mayday Sails of Glory – Orange: Standard (MDG-7126, 100/pack) or Premium (MDG-7135, 50/pack) sleeves. Since the sleeves are so much longer than the actual cards, the sleeves need to be trimmed to approximately 2 3/4″ or 70mm prior to use.
**** HOT CAR WARNING ****
These inserts are printed in plastic, and like children, pets, and wine, a hot car can be detrimental to their health. Please do not leave your insert in a hot car. Components of the insert could warp or deform.